Career Level Experienced level
Experience 5 Years
Job Role Others
- The position requires a candidate with experience in Oil and Gas upstream management including reservoir management, engineering, geosciences, drilling, completion, production, surface facilities, etc.
- Candidate will start the operation of the company and drive the business growth to operational excellence along the following lines:
- Develop and supervise the execution of exploration and production work program with respect to geosciences – (geophysical and geological>, environmental activities, pre-drilling, evaluation and post drilling appraisal wells.
- Lead a group of geoscientists and engineers with regard to assets evaluation, leading to drilling and other operational matters
- Lead the development of the company’s short and long term strategies to meet the goals set by the board of directors
- Conduct technical and economic studies to define, plan and execute field development plans.
- Develop plans, identify and collate relevant documents for obtaining permits, approvals and consents for asset development
- Plan and execute the process of obtaining regulatory permits and project approvals for drilling and other field development activities from relevant authorities.
- Drive and manage the company activities, investments with corporate alliances/joint venture partners
- Design and implement bushiess strategies, plans and procedures.
- Planning, programming of investment requirements, estimates and budgets.
- Prepare and present reports from time to time to the Board of Directors and government agencies in all technical and operational matters.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or Geosciences; a second degree in MBA or accounting/social science qualifications will be an advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 18 years of continuous and progressive operational leadership and managerial experience in a reputable oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Must demonstrate competency in strategic planning and data analysis and performance/operations metrics.
- Must have interpersonal and high communication skills and be problem solving.
- Knowledge and fluency of French (oral and written) will be an added advantage.