Career Level Experienced level
Experience 2 Years
Job Role Finance
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- The School Accountant is responsible for Organizing Handbook, and administering payroll and pension related functions.
- Assisting Advising on compliance with legislation and guidance, for example LIRS, FIRS, PENCOM, etc
- Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget, and produce monthly reports for the Directors, Headteacher and the Finance Committee.
- Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with the financial regulations and shall prepare accounts for submission to the school’s auditors.
- Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school’s debit card/s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to her/his line manager.
- Be responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
- Be responsible for the completion of the school’s payroll, ensuring all forms including time sheets, news tarter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines.
- Be responsible for the placement of orders ensuring they are processed through the school’s computerize finance accounting.
- In conjunction with the nominated staff members, scrutinize and attend to the payment of all invoices and statements of account.
- B.Sc. / HND in Accounting with a minimum of 2 years experience on the same role.